This website uses cookies to function correctly.
You may delete cookies at any time but doing so may result in some parts of the site not working correctly.

Are you aware of the following services?


NHS Direct  - Telephone 111


NHS Direct is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. If you want health advice and information you can contact them by telephone on 0845 46 47. They give access to round the clock clinical information, confidential advice and assurance. Their healthcare professionals include nurses, trained health advisors and dental advisors who can deal with a wide range of health queries.


Minor Injury Unit at VictoriaHospital Wimborne 01202 856410


This is a Nurse led service assessing and treatment of minor injuries and illness for adults & children. They offer advise & treatment of lacerations, burns & wounds, musculoskeletal injuries including sprains & strains, to legs and arms and fractures, head injuries, eye injuries, foreign bodies, assessments following a fall in the elderly. They offer treatment & advise for minor illnesses such as coughs & colds, asthma, bites & stings, rashes & allergic reactions, earache & sore throats, and Emergency contraception.

Opening times             8.30 am to 4.30pm Monday to Friday last appointment 3.30pm


Advice from Pharmacies


Local chemists and pharmacists have knowledge of most everyday health issues. They can suggest the best medicine to help.


Urgent Care Service (UCS) 111


This is an out-of-hours medical service to contact if you become medically unwell when the surgery is closed. It is not for routine enquiries such as booking an appointment, ordering repeat prescriptions or to obtain test results. This service is manned by experienced Doctors working for UCS.


Accident and Emergency Departments (A&E)


Accident and Emergency departments are for severe injuries such as fractures, nasty burns and wounds that require stitching. The A&E department is also for severe medial emergencies such as breathing difficulties’ and chest pain

Generally unwell children will see a more experienced Doctor at your GP Surgery or the Urgent Care Service than in Accident and Emergency Department.


Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website